Home>About Council>Policy>Policy - Building Fee Refunds
The purpose of this policy is to:
• Establish a consistent approach towards any requests for a reduction in the amount of fee payable for a building permit by any community based organisation
• Community based organisation shall mean any group or organisation making decisions by and on behalf of a registered non profit community organisation that is eligible to apply for funding from Local, State and Federal Government sources
Eligibility for Refund of Fees Applicable to a Building Permit
A refund/rebate on fees payable to Council for a building permit to be issued by the Hindmarsh Shire will only apply in accordance with the following conditions:
• No reduction to any Government body and is to be paid by all applicants for a building permit.
• No reduction to any applicable building fee by any applicant where any Government funding applies to the full development
• The building fee for any self funded community group project that is fully or partially funded by external Government sources, shall be not less than $85 or 50% of the fee determined by Council at its annual review as payable for those building works
• This policy is reviewed on an annual basis
• Any variation to this Policy will only be considered by Council on the recommendation of the Chief Executive Officer where exceptional circumstances are considered to exist.