Hindmarsh Shire Council - Building & Planning
Hindmarsh Shire Council Skip Links
Hindmarsh Shire Council  
Lost Animals  Tenders  Search  
Hindmarsh Shire Council
   Accessible Menu

 Home>Building & Planning  
Building & Planning  Printer Friendly

 Town Planning
What is the difference between a Planning Permit and Building Permit?

Planning Permits and Building Permits are two seperate and distinct approvals. Generally Planning Permits relate to the use and development of land, where as, Building Permits relate to the structural matters and compliance with the building regulations. Depending on the buildings and/or works, some proposals require both Planning and Building approval, some require only one.

Planning Permits can only be issued by Council, VCAT or the Minister for Planning, while Building Permits can be obtained from any registered Building Surveyor.

SubscribeLatest Page Updates by Email  Subscribe Now

Please note Council is unable to reply to feedback supplied here.

Was this information useful?


This is the official web site of Hindmarsh Shire Council,  ©2017.
PO Box 250,  92 Nelson Street,  Nhill, Victoria   3418
Tel: 03 5391 4444   Fax: 03 5391 1376 
Disclaimer & Copyright | Privacy StatementAbout this Site | info@hindmarsh.vic.gov.au
Larger text | Remove Images | Save Settings

Developed by AusSoft Solutions