Forms and Permits

Council is responsible for issuing a range of permits to help ensure activities are carried out in a safe and proper way.

Under the Local Government Act 1999 there are a number of activities which require a Council permit. These include busking, fundraising, parking and filming requests.

Please note: Application processing times may vary depending on the permit application. For more information, refer to the relevant permit application form.

This page provides a consolidated list of links and information in relation to permits, registrations and applications.



Building Permits

Application for building permit
New dwelling re-erection
Extensions alterations
Carport Garage or Shed
Demolish or Remove a building
Swimming pool and spa, safety fencing
Office Building
Duck Breeding Buildings
Owner builder declaration
Protection of public precautions
Section 29a Demolition application
What are mandatory inspections
Siting approval for temporary structures
Change of use/classification
Temporary Occupancy Permits
Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) Permits

Application for Certificates
Application for occupancy permit
Application for certificate of final

Bush Fire Attack Level
Bush Fire Attack Level
Example of Vegetation

Report & Consent Forms
1.Report & Consent_Maximum_Street_Setback_Reg_408
2.Report & Consent_Minimum_Street_Setback_Reg_409
3.Report & Consent_Building_Height_Reg_410
4.Report & Consent_Site_Coverage_Reg_411
5.Report & Consent_Permeability_Reg_412
6.Report & Consent_Carparking_Reg_413
7.Report & Consent_Side_and_Rear_setbacks_Reg_414
8.Report & Consent_Walls_on_Boundaries_Reg_415
9.Report & Consent_Daylight_to_existing_habitable_room_windows_Reg_416
10.Report & Consent_Solar_access_to_existing_north_facing_windows_Reg_417
11.Report & Consent_Overshadowing_of_recreational_private_open_space_Reg_418
12.Report & Consent_Overlooking_Reg_419
13.Report & Consent_Daylight_to_habitable_room_windows_Reg_420
14.Report & Consent_Private_Open_Space_Reg_421
14a. Report & Consent_Siting of Class 10a buildings_Reg_422
15.Report & Consent_Front_Fence_Height_Reg_424
16.Report & Consent_Fence_Side_and_Rear_boundary_Reg_425
17.Report & Consent_Fence_length_or_height_R426
18.Report & Consent_Fence_on_street-alignments_R427
19.Report & Consent_Daylight_to_windows_in_existing_dwelling_Reg_428
20.Report & Consent_Fences_&_Solar_access_to_existing_north_facing_hanitable_windows_Reg_429
21.Report & Consent_Fences_and_overshadowing_of_recreational_private_open_space_Reg_430
22.Report & Consent_Mast_ poles_Reg_431

Visit our building and planning page for more information.


Environmental Health

Caravan Park registration or renewal
Application to register a food premises
Application to transfer a food premises registration
Application for registration of a prescribed accommodation premises
Application for transfer of a prescribed accommodation premises
Submitting plans for health or prescribed Accommodation premises
Application for registration of a health premises
Application for transfer registration of a health premises
Notification of a food premises for Class 4 only
Application for a permit to install or alter a septic tankOnsite Wastewater application



Nature strip landscaping
Road opening permit, conditions and fees


Local Laws

Application for a Permit to Burn in a Rural Area
Application to Light an Open Fire on a Residential Property
New Animal Registration Form
Application for Keeping More than the Prescribed Number of Animals
Disabled Parking Application - Individual
Disabled Parking Application - Organisation
Application for a Street Trader Permit
Application for a Street Furniture Permit
Application for Events in Public Places
Application for Consumption or Possession of Liquor in Public Places
Application for Temporary Street Closure
Risk Management Plan



How to complete the Application for planning permit
Application for planning permit

How to complete the application to amend a planning permit
Application to amend a planning permit
Native Vegetation planning permit application
Application to object to a planning permit
Application for review at VCAT
Planning Fees
Clause 55 – Two or more dwellings on a lot
Clause 56 – Residential subdivision
Procedure for determining if a Cultural Heritage Management Plan is requiredPermitted clearing of native vegetation – moderate and high risk

Visit our building and planning page for more information.



To apply for a Land Information Certificate please use our Property Enquiry Application Form

Visit our rates page for more information on Rates

If you cannot find the document or permit you are looking for, please contact Customer Service on (03) 5391 4444.

Back to top