It is recommended that you contact the planning department to discuss your proposal prior to submitting an application. Pre-lodgement meetings are encouraged, are offered as a free service from Council and are available by appointment.
You can also submit a Planning and Building Enquiry form.
Preparing Your Application
When lodging your application, you will require the following items:
- Completed Application Form;
- A recent copy of the Certificate of Title (not older than 2 months);
- Copies of a site plan drawn to scale with a north point, showing existing and proposed structures, lengths of boundaries and walls, distances between buildings, and features such as vegetation, water courses, driveways and crossovers (if applicable);
- Copies of any elevations drawn to scale (including height and length of walls and windows, as well as details of construction materials) (if applicable);
- Copies of any floor plans (if applicable); and
- The application fee – Following an initial assessment by the Planner the Fee will be calculated and an invoice emailed to the Applicant.
How to complete the application for planning permit
Lodging Your Application
Council welcomes applications submitted as hard copies at our Customer Service Centres as well as via email or post. Subdivision applications can also be submitted directly through the Surveying and Planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals (SPEAR) website via the engagement of a licensed land surveyor. Your application will be assessed and the planner will contact you should further information be required.
Receiving Your Permit
Should your permit be approved, the planner will contact you to inform you of Council’s decision. Your permit will include your endorsed plans and will likely contain conditions which must be abided by. Should you have any queries in relation to your permit, you are welcome to discuss these with the planner.
Please note that you may need other approvals in addition to a planning permit – such as a building permit, a local laws permit, or environmental health registrations.