Hindmarsh Shire Council Re-appoints CEO
Published on 06 May 2021
At its meeting on Wednesday 5 May 2021, Hindmarsh Shire Council has decided to re-appoint Mr Greg Wood as its Chief Executive Officer for a further two year term.
Hindmarsh Shire Council Mayor, Cr Ron Ismay said “Council has been very happy with the performance of Mr Wood as CEO and we look forward to working with Mr Wood for a further two years” said Cr Ismay. Mr Wood’s extended two year tenure as CEO will commence in September 2021 and expire in October 2023.
Cr Ismay said “During his term as CEO at Hindmarsh Council Mr. Wood has overseen numerous programs and projects including but not limited to the following”:
- Establishment of a new Hindmarsh Shire Library Service.
- Construction of the new Dimboola Library Customer Service Centre.
- Refurbishment of the former Dimboola library/customer service centre to be part of a new civic hub.
- Creation of the Wimmera River Discovery Trail including the establishment of the Dimboola Visitor Node landscaping at the rear of the new library/civic hub.
- Refurbishment of the Jeparit Memorial Hall customer service centre and senior citizens to include the Jeparit Library.
- Funding for the construction of the new Rainbow Library Customer Service Centre and female change rooms at the Rainbow Caravan Park / Recreation Reserve.
- Upgrades to a number of roads including the significant upgrade to Nhill Rainbow Road and a new bridge over Outlet Creek, Antwerp Woorak Road, Woorak Ni Ni Lorquon Road, Dimboola Minyip Road, Kiata South Road, Katyil Wail Road and Jeparit East Road to name a few.
- Funding for the construction of all abilities amenities at Riverside Holiday Park in Dimboola, and upgrades to the Nhill Caravan Park amenities.
- Extension of the Silo Art Trail into Hindmarsh Shire.
- Funding for construction of the new Albacutya Bridge, and
- Numerous works involving new kerbing, channels and footpaths across the shire”.
“Under Mr. Woods’ leadership, Council is now in the strongest financial position since amalgamation and a strong governance position as he has implemented numerous protocols and procedures to ensure strong, transparent and accountable practices are undertaken and followed throughout all areas of Council” added Cr Ismay.
In accepting the re-appointment, Mr. Wood said “I am delighted to be re-appointed to the role of CEO of Hindmarsh Shire Council and I look forward to continuing to grow Hindmarsh as a strong small rural Council”.
“We have achieved some fantastic outcomes for the residents of and visitors to the shire however there is still a lot of work to be done across many sectors of the shire and with the positive strategic direction from Council I am sure that we can collectively achieve more great results” said Mr. Wood.
Chief Executive Officer