Contact Council

Our friendly customer service staff are here to provide you with a large range of services including, but not limited to:

  • Animal registrations
  • Account/Rates payments
  • Customer Action Request (roads, footpaths and trees) - click here
  • VicRoads agency services
  • Accessible Parking Permits (click here for online form) - Hard Copy application forms and general information can be sourced from the office. 
  • Cinema ticket sales

Hindmarsh Shire Council is your local VicRoads agency. Services provided include:

  • Licence renewals & Photos
  • Firearm Licence Photos
  • Learner permit tests
  • Light trailer registrations (under 750kg)
  • Issuing of National Driver Work Diaries
  • Sale of VicRoads publications
  • Provision of VicRoads forms including transfer of registration, boat registration, machinery pack, trailer pack, oversized agricultural vehicles, refund of registration, pensioner concession application, and duplicate number plate order. All of these forms are available online at
    Please note: We are only able to accept payments as cash or cheque for any VicRoads services. 

Nhill Customer Service Centre

Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm 

Phone: (03) 5391 4444 
Fax: (03) 5391 1376 

Located: 92 Nelson Street NHILL VIC 3418

Dimboola Library & Customer Service Centre

Phone: (03) 5391 4452 

Tuesday: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 12:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 12.00pm & 2:00pm – 5.00pm

Location: 101 Lloyd Street DIMBOOLA VIC 3414

Jeparit Library & Customer Service Centre

Phone: (03) 5391 4450
Fax: (03) 5397 2263 

Monday: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am – 12:00pm

Location: 10 Roy Street JEPARIT VIC 3423

Rainbow Library & Customer Service Centre

Phone: (03) 5391 4451

Wednesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 5:00pm 

Located: 49 Federal Street RAINBOW VIC 3424

Nhill Library

Phone: (03) 5391 4449

Tuesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:00pm 
Friday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm 

Location: 5 Clarence Street NHILL VIC 3418

Customer Service Charter

Customer Service Charter 2021 (PDF, 315KB)

Hindmarsh Shire Council is committed to delivering excellent service standards to you, our customers. Our customer service charter sets out our commitment to provide you the service you can expect.

Other Contacts

Justice of Peace:
Cr Robert Gersch is a Justice of the Peace. For more information about contacting a Justice of the Peace, please visit the Justice and Community Victoria State Government website at

If you have any queries that relate to water that aren't related to storm water drainage, you will need to contact GWMWater. You can find their contact details on their website at

Powercor Australia:
If you have queries that relate to power and electricity, e.g. power lines, power outages, you will need to contact Powercor Australia. You can find their contact details on their website at

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP):
DELWP works in partnership with a range of agencies and stakeholders to protect and preserve Victoria’s native landscape through a range of biodiversity, wildlife, sustainability, climate change and community programs. 

If you have queries about wildlife, e.g. snakes, bees, possums, kangaroos, birds, or if you have queries about land that is owned and managed by DELWP, you will need to contact them on 13 61 86.

Wildlife Rescue Australia:
Wildlife Rescue Australia is a not-for-profit, voluntary organisation which operates an Australia-wide, 24/7 Call Centre. The Centre is staffed by professional operators trained to facilitate the rescue of sick, injured or orphaned native animals. This service is available not only to members of the public, but also native animal groups, veterinary clinics, local Councils, Police etc. 

You can contact Wildlife Rescue Australia by calling 1300 596 457 or by visiting their website at

Regional Roads Victoria/VicRoads:
If you have queries about roads that are owned and manged by VicRoads, or if you require VicRoads services the Council do not provide, you will need to contact VicRoads. You can find their contact details on their website at

Parks Victoria:
Lake Hindmarsh, Lake Albacutya, Little Desert National Park, Wyperfeld National Park, Birdcage Flora and Fauna Reserve and the Glenlee Flora and Fauna Reserve are managed by Parks Victoria. If you have any queries that relate to these reserves and parks, you will need to contact Parks Victoria. You can find their contact details on their website at

VicTrack owns Victoria’s transport land, assets and infrastructure – and works to protect and grow the value of the portfolio to support a thriving transport system, and make travel and living better for Victorians.

If you have queries that relate to railway lines/train tracks or the land close to railway lines/train tracks, you will need to contact VicTrack. You can find their contact details on their website at



Here at the Hindmarsh Shire Council, we want to help you.

Any general enquiries can be sent to our email 

To make a request,  click here 

You can also find us on Facebook at


Please send all mail correspondence to:

Hindmarsh Shire Council 
PO Box 250

Where your mail is confidential, please mark it as 'Private and Confidential' and address it to the appropriate Council officer that you would like it to be handed directly to.

After Hours

After hours phone numbers for urgent matters: 

Local Laws: 0428 500 244 
Roads, Drains & Trees: 0467 150 141

For life threatening emergencies, please phone 000.

Languages other than English: If you need help and speak a language other than English call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450.
Deaf, hearing or speech impairment: If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call the Council through National Relay Services by Accesshub.
TTY users: can phone 133677 then ask for 03 9599 4444.
Speak & Listen: (speech-to-speech) users can phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 9599 4444.
Internet Relay users: can connect to the NRS then ask for 03 9599 4444.