Media Enquiries

Media Enquiries

As per Council's Media Policy, all media enquiries are to be directed to the official spokespersons of Council, the Chief Executive Officer or the Mayor. We encourage you to read our Media Policy before contacting Council with your queries. You can view this policy below:

Hindmarsh Shire Council Media Policy(PDF, 405KB)

To contact the CEO or Mayor for all media related enquiries, please contact the Executive Assistant by sending your questions in writing to, or by calling 03 5391 4444.

Filming in Hindmarsh

Hindmarsh Shire is a film-friendly location while balancing the local amenity of residents and businesses.

The information on this page relates to commercial filming, including television, feature films, advertising and television commercials, documentaries and music videos.

All commercial filming activities are required to apply for a permit for the use of a public space. This ensures the activity is in accordance with the regulations of this council/department. A list of our general terms and conditions is attached below.

Filming Permits

In Hindmarsh Shire, filming permission is granted under the 'Application for Events in Public Places' permit.

Once you have completed and submitted an Application for Events in Public Places permit, please allow Council to respond to your application within 5-business days. Please note that if we need to make complex arrangements for your filming activity, it may take us more than five days to issue a permit.

To apply for a permit, please complete the application form below:

Application for Events in a Public Place Permit(PDF, 163KB)

NOTE: Any commercial filming within a National Park or Reserve will require obtaining a permit from Parks Victoria. Visit their website here.

Related Links:
Film Victoria Website
Film Victoria Screen Industry Code of Conduct