Accommodation Premises

Prescribed Accommodation businesses defined under the Section 15 of the Public Health and Wellbeing (Prescribed Accommodation) Regulations 2020 must be registered with their local Council.

Prescribed Accommodation business which requires registration are as follows:

  • Residential accommodation;
  • Hotels and motels;
  • Hostels;
  • Student dormitories;
  • Holiday camps; and
  • Rooming Houses.

Please Note: If you are planning to start a glamping business or caravan park, please contact the Council’s Environmental Health Officer.

If you have any queries regarding registering a new or transferring the existing Prescribed Accommodation Business, please contact our Environmental Health Officer on (03) 5391 4444 or via email .

Relevant Documents: 
Application for Registration of a Prescribed Accommodation Premises(PDF, 169KB)
Application for Registration or Renewal of Caravan Park(PDF, 159KB) (Print) 
Application for Registration or Renewal of Caravan Park(PDF, 162KB) (Online) 
Submitting Plans for a Health or Prescribed Accommodation Premises(PDF, 156KB)