If you have been elected to be a member of any Hindmarsh Shire Council Advisory or Community Asset Committee, or would like to become a volunteer for Council, you are required to complete a Volunteer Registration Form, Volunteer Working with Children Check and Police Check prior to commencing any work on behalf of Council.
You can complete our Volunteer Registration Form online below:
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION FORM
Conditions of Appointment:
As a volunteer of Council the following conditions apply:
- No payment will be made to you by Council.
- While you are assisting Council in the abovementioned clearly defined Council business activity, and while your assistance is approved/controlled and/or known by Council, you will be covered for Public Liability Insurance.
- While acting as a volunteer, a limited personal accident insurance cover will be affected by Council subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Should any injury occur to you while you are acting as a volunteer of Council, you must notify your Project Manager immediately, or as soon as is practicable, after the injury occurs.
- Any incident which occurs in which injury or property damage to other parties may arise must be reported immediately or as soon as practicable to your Project Manager.
- Under the terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, you must follow all established practices, procedures and instructions of Council which apply to the tasks you have volunteered to perform.
- You are expected to perform the task you have volunteered to perform with all due care, skill and diligence.
Police Check and Working with Children Check:
Hindmarsh Shire Council is responsible for ensuring the safety of our community through all of our services, projects, events and committees. It is a requirement that all volunteers representing Council hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) and complete a Police Check prior to undertaking any volunteer responsibilities.
We greatly appreciate your contributions in making Hindmarsh a safe and healthy community.
To complete your Police Check documentation online, visit https://www.crimcheck.org.au/check/hindmarsh. You will need to ensure that you have sufficient identity documents ready as you will be timed out of the website after 30 minutes. If you require assistance, please call our Human Resources team on (03) 5391 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions.
To apply for a Volunteer Working With Children Check or update your current WWCC organisation details, click here.
Should you need help with your WWCC or Police Check, you can visit any of our Customer Service Centres and our staff will be able to assist you.